Better Practice Management. Better Patient Care.
Medical practices today are increasingly challenged to control costs, improve cash flow and still take care of patients. However, for many physicians and healthcare leaders, there is not enough time, resources and dollars to offset reimbursement reductions, regulatory audits and technology advances to deliver high-quality, patient-centered care.
McKesson Business Performance Services (BPS) provides turnkey oversight for hospital-employed physicians and independent group practices handling a broad scope of administrative tasks including: accounting, billing, collections, human resources, scheduling, finance and even managed care contracting.
With expertise and healthcare knowledge, we help independent groups and health systems achieve their financial goals through business improvement and management services.
- Strategic planning and growth management
- Physician onboarding and integration
- Practice operations management
- Practice administration – finance, accounting, human resources, payroll support and compliance
- Data analytics and decision support
Whether you need to enhance billing performance, add staff or increase management resources, we help you develop and implement billing and collection improvement strategies that are designed to minimize accounts receivable days, reduce denials and maximize collection results.
- Accounts receivable and denials management
- Patient billing and collections
- Claims submission and remittance posting
- Financial reporting and benchmarking
- Payer negotiations and contracting
Compliance, Coding and Risk Mitigation
With years of experience navigating the complexities of coding and documentation, we can help you mitigate compliance risk, enhance charge capture and improve accuracy.
- ICD-10 preparation and analysis
- Education and training on coding and documentation
- Clinical documentation improvement programs
- Compliance monitoring
- Ongoing coding production support
McKesson has expertise and a national perspective, along with very capable people. They’ve taken on a lot of the critical tasks for the practice, and that has freed up our physicians to focus on the practice of medicine. The bottom line is that PriMed and McKesson have a very unique and collaborative relationship that goes back a long time. There is a lot of mutual respect.Amit Rastogi, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer