Have time for an interview? NCIPA would like to write an article about your practice. Help us promote your practice. These articles will be posted on the medical directory advertising independent practices. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your interview.
FORT COLLINS PHYSICAL THERAPY AND SPORTS CENTER – Silvia Sorensen, PT, DPT – Owner
There is HOPE for people struggling with physical challenges each day of their lives, and Fort Collins Physical Therapy offers real hope. HOPE, a word that many in chronic and severe pain thought they would never hear again.
Silvia Sorensen, PT, DPT, true visionary and owner of Fort Collins PT, began her influential path to Physical Therapy back in 1981 when she was assisting orthopedic surgeons with presentations about rehabilitation. In 1984 she founded Fort Collins Physical Therapy and Sports Center, the only privately owned therapy practice in Fort Collins. She joined Northern Colorado IPA the same year. In 1988, Silvia built a brand-new spacious and centrally located building on East Prospect in Fort Collins to house her practice and allow room for expansion, including a beautiful spa and complete gym.
What makes Fort Collins Physical Therapy and Silvia Sorensen a leader in the field of physical therapy? The vast variety of treatments and services available to clients at her facility, coupled with Silvia’s extensive knowledge.
Innovative treatment methods include:
- Two ASPEN CLASS IV, 20W LASER SYSTEMS – EXCLUSIVE TO NORTHERN COLORADO! With 3 FDA clearances, these lasers provide amazing immediate and proven results in regenerating tissue while treating pain and inflammation. This non-invasive therapy is risk-free and can produce relief in only minutes. This safe, warm laser light penetrates deeply to reduce inflammation, speed healing, and can help regenerate tissues such as cartilage, degenerative discs, and collagen. This is done without drugs or surgery, and no side effects.
- Acupuncture – Medical and Electro-acupuncture
- Cupping – Certified cupping therapist Travis Edwards is on site for patients
- Patented ALINE system puts the foot in control, allowing the ankles and knees to align themselves – very helpful for those people suffering with foot pain and general health needs. ALINE’s technology is worn by Olympians, PGA players, NFL players, X-Games athletes, runners, and patients. This preventative therapy tool can point out performance loss and prevent injuries before they happen.
What conditions can be treated at Fort Collins Physical Therapy? To name just a few:
- Migraine/Tension/Sinus Headaches
- TMJ Pain
- Bursitis/Arthritis (including Rheumatoid)
- Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Rotator Cuff/Labrum/Frozen Shoulder Injuries
- Herniated/Bulging Discs
- Sciatica/Piriformis Syndrome
- Activity/Sports Injuries Including Sprains, Strains, Hematomas, and Tears
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Wrist, Finger, and Hand Conditions
- Fractures, Including Healing Problems
- ACL/MCL Injury and Surgical Healing
- Achilles Tendonitis/Ankle Conditions
- Plantar Fasciitis and Foot Conditions
- Peripheral/Diabetic Neuropathy, Including Diabetic Wounds?? Fibromyalgia
Silvia Sorensen specializes in injury prevention in industrial settings and is available for consultation and accepts worker’s compensation cases. In addition, the practice also provides walk-in sports physicals. Silvia has provided services to athletes of all levels, including Olympians, even traveling to their competitions around the world.
Silvia’s reputation and success has been recognized and honored far beyond the geographical limits of Northern Colorado. She was honored in 2019 by The Arab Stars and Lights Magazine as the # 1 Working Arab Woman for 2019 based on character, success, accomplishment and a role model to women in Arab Nations. Northern Colorado is very fortunate to have Silvia close and available for personal consultations and treatments.
If you or a patient you know of could benefit from the expertise provided at Fort Collins Physical Therapy, please contact the practice at 970-221-0173, or visit their website at www.fortcollinsphysicaltherapy.com. Most private insurances are accepted by the practice, as well as Medicare, Workman’s Comp and Triwest. Self-pay discounts are also available. Doctor referrals are not required.